Sunday, November 1, 2009

Seeing in the Dark




Isaiah 42:16
And I will bring the blind by a way that they know not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known. I will make darkness into light before them and make uneven places into a plain. These things I have determined to do [for them]; and I will not leave them forsaken.


This morning as I worshiped the Lord with other believers I had a vision of deep purple robes being draped over the shoulders of every believer in the room, even the small children. I also saw golden crowns being placed on their heads. I wondered to myself, "do they know who they are?" and I questioned in my heart and to God, "do I know, Lord, who I am?" The message followed and confirmed the vision I believe the Lord had given me.

How much do we do, as the world does, judge on the outward appearances of those around us? The world sees a person's weight, height, looks and many other outward signs and signals to decide the value or abilities or lack there of, of a person. God doesn't see it that way at all. He sees our hearts and what He has put into us.

I know a beautiful, amazing godly woman of prayer. She is one of my mentors and someone I look to for godly wisdom. You wouldn't know what a warrior she is by her outward appearance. God has put in this woman incredible gifts and most importantly His Word! I know other people like that. In the natural you wouldn't know it, but they are mighty warriors for the Lord.

This world is becoming a dark place. Believers are beginning to sense the shift. To deny it is futile. I think even unbelievers are sensing it as well. Movies are coming out about the end of the world. People are exploring "spiritual" things. Some are working very hard to try to deny the existence of God as if that will keep them from facing the hard truth of their own humanity, frailty and pridefulnes. Books are being written about the subject. Then there is the media, don't even get me started there. It is undeniable.

For the believer it is not the end. It is just the beginning. This is our season. This is what we have been waiting for. Many Christians have not lived to see not what we are seeing in this age. It is not the end of the world, but might very well be the end of this age. (Mat 24:3-9) No one knows for sure when Yeshua will come again, but most people sense a change. It is not a time to fear or even trust what you see with your physical eyes. It is a time to see what God sees, and the way He sees it.

Isaiah 9:2: The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light; they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined

I once had a dream. In my dream I was supposed to be fasting. Before me was a snake and a loaf of bread. The snake was a threatening reality and it struck awesome fear in my heart as it stared wildly and wickedly into my eyes. I became so entranced as the snake hissed and maliciously postured before me that before I knew it I was eating the bread. I didn't even notice that I had picked it up. I had lost sight of what God had asked me to do, fast, because my eyes were too entuned and my heart so fearful of the evil that danced around me and threatened to overtake me.

Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

We can become so entranced by the evil and darkness that is around us of that we lose sight of the enormity of a Holy God, Yahweh, Whom for and through all things were created. On the other hand we must be wise and not deny what is happening around us and how important our part is in this story. We must do battle on our knees, but not in our own strength and abilities, but in His. We are mighty in Him. We will go to places we are not familiar with. In the dark, He will bring the light so we can see. Where the ground is uneven He will make it plain. He will not forsake us or leave us, but be with us every step of the way.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;



More than a Conqueror

No comments: